Votes: 0 0.0%
  • outside

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

poppy1775

Hi guys we're kinda running outta space in my house and my OH is talking about doing up the shed and making hutches to go in it and moving the piggies outside :o

I just wondered what everyone here thought was best inside or out? ?

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Most of mine are outdoors and go into the shed end of october before bonfire night.
If they have been living in the house you might be better waiting till next spring now to get them used to being outside as temperatures are dropping on a night

Lots of people on here have their piggies outside in a shed. You would have to put some form of heating and lighting in there andinsulation against damp coming through the floor etc, but it should be fine :)
Have a look at the threads and photos under the housing section to get some ideas O0

yeah he want's to put lights and heating in there and a built in run and he was talking about doing something to the floor :D

do you think piggies are happier inside or outside?

I reckon either. If there inside they will get friendlier and if they are outside they might have more space outside. I think the shed idea id good though!

yeah i think it sounds nice it'll be like their own little house but i'll miss them if they go out there i'll probably end up living in the shed with them! :D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D​

poppy1775 said:
yeah i think it sounds nice it'll be like their own little house but i'll miss them if they go out there i'll probably end up living in the shed with them! :D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D​
Join the club my OH says I spend more time down there than I do in the house ;D ;D ;D ;D

;Dyeah i could just see it happening my OH already says they see me more than he does! ;D

I think the best thing is to have them in the house..but, if that is inconvenient for you and not possible then a shed (especially like your OH is planning on doing, with lighting, heating etc) is a really good idea :) I would never have my pigs out in the winter, mainly because I would hate standing out in the rain to see/feed/clean them out but if they're in a shed it's different ;)

Mine our outside, but I'm not really allowed them in the house anyway, we put them in the garage over winter :-\

i have my boy indoors , better for me and him , as hes on his own also its hard work cleaning them out in the rain , my rabbits outside ::)

I have my boys in a heated. lighted insulated shed, because my parents didn't want them in the house any more, and as they are kinda free range, they get much more space and are happier. :) They don't get cold as they have a heater and loads of towels and fleece and mountains of hay to snuggle into, but they do like it, there are some pictures somewhere around.

poppy1775 said:
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D​

Mine live happily in a unheated but insulated shed and they love it and during the winter months i usually add little boxes full of hay and shredded paper usually by morning they have eaten the boxes !

Its fine for them to be in a shed and i wouldnt have it any other way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back