Inherited Two 1 Year Old Boars!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEC01

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi there, I have never owned Guinea pigs before but have inherited two boys! They are around a year old possibly a year and a half. Their previous owner couldn't look after them the way they needed unfortunately. They are very skittish and not use to much contact. I'm about to make them their first visit to the vets as they have never been (slightly nervous for them as they are lovely boys and I don't want anything to be wrong!) is there any advice or helpful tips on how to bond with them? Thank you

Hi there, I have never owned Guinea pigs before but have inherited two boys! They are around a year old possibly a year and a half. Their previous owner couldn't look after them the way they needed unfortunately. They are very skittish and not use to much contact. I'm about to make them their first visit to the vets as they have never been (slightly nervous for them as they are lovely boys and I don't want anything to be wrong!) is there any advice or helpful tips on how to bond with them? Thank you

Hi and welcome!

Please take the time to read through our new owners' information bundle. We have combined detailed guides for the most asked questions with some essential need-to-know information. I hope that you will find it informative and helpful to get you started well.

It usually takes you much longer to settle in and build up trust with guinea pigs that haven't had much in the way of friendly interaction, but it is worth being patient and to persist. Our guides tell you how to best go about it.
" Starter Kit" Of Information Threads For New Owners

:wel:to the Forum. Well done for taking these boars on. You have certainly come to the right place for advice, this forum is very friendly and helpful. Piggies are very shy and nervous by nature but with time and patience you can build up a lovely bond. There's loads of information in the threads Wiebke has mentioned above. Looking forward to hearing how you and the piggies get on, I'm sure they will soon quite literally be eating out of your hand.

Last edited:
:wel:to the Forum. Well done for taking these boars on. You have certainly come to the right place for advice, this forum is very friendly and helpful. Piggies are very shy and nervous by nature but with time and patience you can build up a lovely bond. There's loads of information in the threads Wiebke has mentioned above. Looking forward to hearing how you get and the piggies get on, I'm sure they will soon quite literally be eating out of your hand.

Thank you! Previous owner didn't really have a clue, I'm sure they're going to be putting on some weight!

Hi and welcome!

Please take the time to read through our new owners' information bundle. We have combined detailed guides for the most asked questions with some essential need-to-know information. I hope that you will find it informative and helpful to get you started well.

It usually takes you much longer to settle in and build up trust with guinea pigs that haven't had much in the way of friendly interaction, but it is worth being patient and to persist. Our guides tell you how to best go about it.
" Starter Kit" Of Information Threads For New Owners

Had a read and was very useful! Thank you very much!

My newest girl is extremely nervous.Normally I put scared girls in with the herd who are pretty brave.She is pregnant I think so reluctant to put her in the big herd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back