• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

infacol and contagious?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your guinea pig has diarrhoea it needs to go to a vet. Infacol (simethicone) is for colic/gas problems and could make a diarhoea problem worse. Between now and getting to the vet, cut out veggies and give only dry food and heaps of hay. Has there been any major change in diet to make this happen?

That's a bit odd :-\ I mean if it was runny then surely it would make a mess.

How are they today?

you should probably take them out for floor time on newspaper for about an hour each to see who's doing it

I thought I had a problem with one/both of mine having runny poohs. Took them out for their exercise and found them both to have perfectly formed poohs :-\ Took me 2 further hours to figure out that I had a water leak in the cage resulting in them trodding on watered poop! Just a thought.. could that be happening to yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back