Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi just wondering in the summer are your guinea pigs

Indoors
Outdoors

Rachx

p.s. how do you start a poll?

Out doors all year round.

Btw make a poll by clicking new poll next to new topic etc!

Mine are inside... because they are always inside but in the summer when they lived outside we put bottles of frozen water in for them to lie on and cool off :)

Mine are all inside summer and winter, if you call a shed inside.

Carol C said:
Mine are all inside summer and winter, if you call a shed inside.

My outdoor piggies are the same, my indoor piggies will be staying in but will have run time on the grass

its a big topic on the forum. Guineas can happily live in both enviroments, piggies benefit more from indoor living, where temperatures are more easily controlled, guinea pigs get to know they're owners better, guinea pigs living outside can always live the same.

I spend my summer outside, literally, inside doesnt exist in the summer, except when the chinchillas come out for a play!

Mine are outdoors in the very warm months about to move them from the house to the shed this week. They will get used to it being a bit cooler then come mid to end of May they will be outdoors. Been sorting hutches out today ;)

i think if my dad agrees to me having g/pigs i would have them indoors in a c&c cage in the winter and in the summer outside in a hutch or indoors but go outside for a run for most of the day seeing as someone is always outdoors, usually me!

Do you think this sounds okay?

rachx said:
i think if my dad agrees to me having g/pigs i would have them indoors in a c&c cage in the winter and in the summer outside in a hutch or indoors but go outside for a run for most of the day seeing as someone is always outdoors, usually me!

Do you think this sounds okay?
sounds fine to me

We've been keeping the piggies out of the shed and in their runs in shade in the afternoon, on grass and on patio. With the very cold nights too temps have been varying in the shed between 0C at night and 28C during the day! We're wondering whether to have their hutch on the patio in the shade in the summer but neighbours have barking dogs and recently have started kicking a football against the fence. unfortunately the shade side is closest to the neighbours.

Indoor Guineas just went outdoors today for the first time, although I really miss them and will be tempted to bring tham back in as I miss the noise they make when I open the fridge, rustle packets or chop anything ;D ;D and I also miss talking to them, so I feel slightly guilty, knowing me it won't be long before I bring them back in again! However, just bought them a new cage and they seem quite happy tunnelling and exploring in it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back