Indoor playpen recommendations

HeatherW

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Does anyone have any recommendations for a large collapsible indoor playpen (like 3x4 or bigger), ideally with a waterproof base?

Shhhhh! I don't want Jynx and Jasmine to find out its their Christmas present! :D

Thank yooooouuu!

I have a large 5ft diameter octagonal canvas pop up puppy pen, it cost about £30 and has a waterproof base and a zip top. Folds away into a neat bag too, great for holidays. Mine also had a drinks holder which a lot don’t have. I think I got it on eBay but Amazon have some too
1638798599385.jpeg

I have that one but without the safety net and nylon floor. Mine is up permanently in my garage. It folds into quite a small space. Here is mine. You'll have to excuse the mess as the piggy destruction crew had just been put back in the hutch when this was taken. I always make sure that it is done up in the corner that opens by a heavy duty carabiner clip and I have zip tied the lock on the door as it didn't seem to stay in place and I don't want any escapees! The run gets used every day and I'm very happy with it.
Run no piggies.webp

I have that one but without the safety net and nylon floor. Mine is up permanently in my garage. It folds into quite a small space. Here is mine. You'll have to excuse the mess as the piggy destruction crew had just been put back in the hutch when this was taken. I always make sure that it is done up in the corner that opens by a heavy duty carabiner clip and I have zip tied the lock on the door as it didn't seem to stay in place and I don't want any escapees! The run gets used every day and I'm very happy with it.
View attachment 191035

I was thinking of setting up Percy and Peppers run in the garage but I was worried they might get cold from the concrete floor. What do you have under the blanket? Cheers. I was thinking of putting a sleeping bag underneath the waterproof layer.

I was thinking of setting up Percy and Peppers run in the garage but I was worried they might get cold from the concrete floor. What do you have under the blanket? Cheers. I was thinking of putting a sleeping bag underneath the waterproof layer.
I have an offcut of lino then a waterproof mattress liner and then fleece.:)

We got this off amazon, technically a dog paddling pool. Comes in other sizes and colours.

It has bad reviews because the sides can't take a dogs weight but we've used it for a while with the piggies fine, we've left the pigs in overnight before incident free. It stands up on its own even without the water in.

SmartSelect_20211206-183048_Amazon Shopping.webp

I also use that pop up dog paddling pool, squishes down nicely to store away, waterproof. It’s not huge so I use it only as a temporary space if I’m doing a full clean or it’s also known as our sick pen, particularly as I have a bladder pig so when she was really poorly she stayed in it with me so I could monitor her urine output. I won’t lie though we tend to just do floor time, open up the hallway and block off doors etc and just let the pigs run wild ! They love it. X

I have a large 5ft diameter octagonal canvas pop up puppy pen, it cost about £30 and has a waterproof base and a zip top. Folds away into a neat bag too, great for holidays. Mine also had a drinks holder which a lot don’t have. I think I got it on eBay but Amazon have some too
View attachment 191029
We bought one of these a few months ago when we started bonding Bryce with the Sierra and Vegas. 👍

View attachment 191029

Thank you! Do you have a link or can you give me the name? It's not the same as Diane's below, is it? It looks similar.

Back