Indoor housing for 4 piggies? any ideas??

• Thread starter Thread starter sarsmccabe
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sarsmccabe

I currently have 2 houses for the piggies but looking for one big one. Has anyine kept 4 pigs indoors and how big was the cage. They do spend most if the day in a run indoors but still want them to have a nice big house. help!?

you have to make them yourself - the grids can be ordered online (www.screwfix.com) or bought in b&q warehouses. The base is made out of a sign makers material called Correx. Some branches of Travis Perkins sell sheets, or ring a signmakers

thats a good idea, i do have lots if that lying around after doing our kitchen. is it easy to clean though?

i bought an outdoor metal pen thing from pets at home - it has sides that are about 50cms high and slots together with thin pole type things - put a layer of newspaper down and some shredded paper - its great! just roll the paper up to clean, mop the area and relay it all again... i currently have the 6 sides put up in 2 pens adjoining each other - that way my new pigs can see my pigs and get used to them by way of introduction slowly! x :)

i have just started having my my piggies side by side and they love it. They seem really happy talking to each other through the bars. XX

mine are ok - i think i made the mistake of removing the bars too quickly - and the mother pig of the new 'herd' had a massive fight with Badger (my exising dominant female) so had to quickly usher them back to separate ends of the cage and split them up - they seem to be fine now that they can just see each other.. no teeth chattering yet anyway! lol xx

my girls seem to be really exciting about getting in beside my boys to play and the boys show no interest. I think my boys are to laid back to care. They have another 2 weeks befor i can let them olay together but at least they can still talk to each other.
I really hope it works for you jayneblonde, nothing worse when you want you piggies to all get on. I ahve friend who have suggested just letting them get on with it unless there is blood, not sure if am brave enough to try that. xx

hmm.. not sure - it was almost horrific! (as horrific as a bunch of herbivores can be!) i will let the little ones build up their strength a bit more then give them some time together to see what happens, i guess observing them closeley for the first hour or so is a good idea just to make sure that they all remain 'in tact!' will let you know of any updates! xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back