Indoor homes for guinea pigs

• Thread starter Thread starter maddie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

maddie

Hi All

I recently rehomed two beautiful little guinea pigs (Stardust and Olive) and they were given to me in little cages.

I think they need a larger space and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on the best cage to buy.

Thanks

Well, what size cage are they in now as we might give you a cage thats good but you already have it as we dont know whats small to you or whatever ::) Do you have a piccie of the cage ? :D

Hi

The cage they are in just now is 100cm x 56 x 53.

I have the room and was thinking of going for the Zooplus 140 after looking through some of the existing posts, however I have also seen some cages that sit higher up and are on wheels. I just dont know which is better.

Oh right good job i asked what size as i would of recommended the 100cm ones as there about the right size as i use them but some use smaller but there mostly used by breeders.

As you have 2 piggys i was going to say about a 100cm cage but like i said people have different views as to whats a small cage and whats a huge cage :D

Have you seen the c&c cages as there fab O0

The zoozone 140 is cool too, lots of room :) The bigger the better though but id shop around first though, have you got a p@h near you ?

Having just got rid of my C&C Cage I say it depends on where you want to house them. :)

Cages are ideal if housed in the living room. C&C are great if you want to house them in a seperate room.

You could also get a hutch for indoors in a spare downstairs room. This is what I have done I've a 5ft x 2ft in my utility. And 2 pigs in a Nero 3 (I'm getting a much larger cage soon) and a lone pig in another Nero 3. It's took me a while to get there with my indoor housing but it's trial and error.

Good luck with it!

Louise
x

Thank you

I ve just had a look at the C & C homes and they look like lots of fun to build, I think this is how I will go.

Thanks for all the advice.

Madeline

I am in bonnie Glasgow, not sure if there is a screw fix close by (never heard of them) ? but i will look into it, can the materials be bought in B & Q?

maddie said:
I am in bonnie Glasgow, not sure if there is a screw fix close by (never heard of them) ? but i will look into it, can the materials be bought in B & Q?

There's a Screwfix in Kinning Park and one further afield in Falkirk.

Oh cool. My advice is get the proper base. Cloroplast from sign shops or Ebay.

Keep us posted on how you get on!

Louise
x

Hi there i have just bought the 140 from zooplus its on special at the moment for 59.99 I'm waiting for it to come cant wait my piggies ar in 100 at the moment i think that is ok but if you ve got the room go for the bigger one :smitten:

Well I took the lazy option and bought the Zoo plus 140, looking forward to it arriving.

How does vet bed work and do you think this is the best bedding - does it work with Newspaper - Vet bed & Hay? Do you just pop it in the washing machine a couple of times a week? I find myself very confused with the amount of different options for bedding.

Sorry for being a pest and asking so many silly questions.

Hi,I use profleece,layer newspaper underneath,then hay,mine love it,I brushed it down today ,and will wash it on Sat. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back