Indoor Excercise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suza24

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi,
If I keep my piggies indoors, how can i keep them safe inside when giving them excercise? What could I put them in? I will keep them outside in a pen when it's warmer but wondering what to do until then.
Many thanks :)

We use c&c grids cable tied together. You can see the run in this below after I have caught a pig :)

Looks good :) what was the white bottom made from please?

You can buy indoor play pens too from eBay which aren't too expensive :nod:

I'm lucky in that my kitchen has no piggy escaping homes and so mine have free reign of the kitchen - they love it :D

The part with white bottom and wood shavings is the cage.. The run is the thing I pop the pigs into with the fleece...

The white part of the cage is made from corplast. That type of cage is called a c&c cage

I've just made one from cable tying cooling racks together, I'll take a pic later if I can get my camera working. the cooling sheets were from wilko but you can get them cheaply from lots of shops - Wilko Wire Cooling Rack 43x27cm . I cable tied them all together except left one edge untied and use a bulldog clip to hold it shut, that way I can fold it up to store and it doesn't take up loads of space. You can make it as big as you like, I bought 16 of the racks and my run is 1.7meters x 1.7meters with 4 racks on each side. Only cost £24 which was much cheaper than buying a pre made run of that size. under it I use a waterproof table cover some newspaper and a double bed sized fleece. If I'm using the run for a long time them I stick some old towels under the fleece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back