Indoor cages - what size do I need for 2 piggys?

• Thread starter Thread starter Nishka
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nishka

Hiya

General question please (!) - I know that obviously bigger is better in terms of cage size but what would be the minimum for 2 piggys? 120cm or 140?

I ask because I have been offered a really cheap cage from a friend of mine but it is only 118cm long by 56cm by 46cm and I don't know if that is big enough. I have been drooling over the large cage on Zooplus for £59.99 (the longest 140cm one) but it is a big out of my league at the moment. Do you think the above cage would be ok even in the short term since it is nearly free? I am planning to have the piggys free ranging the living room each night so they will be out lots, but obviously in it all day.

I want to do the best I can by them but I am desperate for some piggys..... ::) :)

:) Thanks - I see.... so basically as far as I can work out the minimum for 2 piggys would be about 126cm or thereabouts (if I have worked out that correctly! lol)

Oh well.... Hmm I don't know what to do!

I wish I could find a cheap cage that is as large as the 140cm... I have been trawling through the free ads and through ebay etc. Some of the cages are so tiny! I have seen some calling themselves large cages which are only 80cm long! Tut tut..

You also need to remember that the measured dimensions of the cages you can buy are not the useable space - they are measured at the widest part and not inside the base where the piggies actually live.

Yeah the Zooplus 140 is the one I was thinking of getting as the more expensive option... it looks like this is the one I am going to get. ;)

Thats true about the inside space.. I never thought about it like that! :D

Nishka, I have the cage that you are talking about( 118cm long) and at first I was wondering whether it would be okay for my 2 guineas, I was homechecked as as it is only just under 4 foot it was fine and I passed my homecheck( I rescued them). So it sounds fine to me, it has to be what you can comfortably have in the house...my 2 guineas seem fine in it and i am planning to get them out aswell for floor or run time.......If its also free GO FOR IT! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
You sound very organised and the 2 guineas are very lucky! ;D

Thanks for that, it is interesting to know that you passed your homecheck with that size... I am thinking about getting a rescue piggy to go with the other friend I have lined up :D so that is something I was wondering about...

Thats great, thanks! :) 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back