indoor accommodation for a trio?

• Thread starter Thread starter bunpig
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bunpig

hoping to bond Mr Fuzzy with Hugo and Hector and if all goes well i will need bigger indoor set up for them.

does anyone have any ideas?

I've looked a few hutches with 2 or 3 storeys but don't like the look of the ramp, maybe it would be OK, does anyone else use one of these type?

(please if you suggest C&C can you also tell me where i can buy it).

Are you in England? If you are you can find cubes online at Screwfix Direct. Some people have also found them in B&Q. Correx can be found in most sign shops but I just used lino.

At the risk of sounding really ignorant, what is it named and listed under under in the Screwfix catalogue, ie hardware? I had a quick look earlier for this type of thing and wasn't sure what we are looking for!

Thank you (I'm Marty's missus, he's cleared off to watch footie or something ::)) - so these cube things - do they separate, they don't come actually come as cubes then? (So can you lay them side by side etc, and do they supply the means to fix them all together? (Sorry I know I sound terribly thick but I love the idea of a C&C cage and am totally clueless) 98)

Yes they all come separate and they give you the connectors to hold them together but I found cable ties better :)

Ah! Thanks Bev. So you can pretty much make it as big as you like? So I guess if you put llino on the floor, what do you put for the equivalent of the plastic tray bottom? I keep hearing about cloroplast, but I'm not sure what it is, how you get it to go where you want etc?

coroplast is the plastic sheets that are used to make signs (things like 'For Sale' signs that go outside houses etc). Ebay sell it or you can look through your yellow pages to find a local sign maker who should sell it. It is very popular to make bases. Some people use lino and I also saw a picture somewhere (can not remember where though) of someone who used a large under the bed storage container as the base. This worked well as the cage was then on wheels!

This website - Cavy Cages - has loads of ideas and pictures. It is a case of being limited only by your imagination (and what is safe for the piggys of course ;))

Thanks Beaney and Daftscotslass.. Gives us something to check out. The for sale house signs I've seen before seem a bit like plastic covered paper (does that make sense?) Our boys are very nosy and like to chew anything they come into contact with, so hopfully it wouldn't be chewable!

If your piggies are likely to chew the correx all u have to do is put the cubes inside the edge of the base if that makes sense? then they wont be able to get to it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back