In the Shed now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just to say all pigs are in the shed now and they love it, but the boys are scenting! :o ;D Girls are in an almost 4 by 4 c&c and boys are in their cages. Twinkle is in the house and is happy enough but hunting for a young lone boar for him. Going to bath him later whether he likes it or not! ;D There is enough room for us to sit in the shed and give cuddles. Will cover them up of a night and get some heat pads. She is insulated and I have a heater if it gets too cold. But it's quite warm in the shed at the moment I'd say no different from the house and they seem happier because they have their own space.

It's a win win situation because I couldn't go on any longer with my permanent hayfever. I feel a lot better today. Having Twinkle in won't affect me it's not the fact of having 1 pig in it was having 11 pigs under 1 roof that just done me in! :)

Anyway better run and clean the garden then get the hutch outdoors. I've room for 7 rescues now but obviously not looking to take a huge amount in but its nice to have the space if an emergency arises!

Louise
x

you should be really proud of what your doing louise. I am sure they will all be happy now they are in the shed. Its a shame there isn't more people like you up in scotland xx

Thanks Sarah, very kind of you to say so. Roped Peter into helping me clean the garden and Emily (who is still spotty) is helping too but I think she is making more work.

Just checked on all the pigs they are popcorning and squeaking away. Radley decided he was going to sit in his hay rack as well! 98)

Will try and get some pics but will probably be tomorrow. :)

x

Ah Emily is ok helping really it's Peter, just asked him to set up the power washer and he got in a right nark! Men! If we left everything to them nothing would get done. Emily is on her bike now! It's getting cold so I better hurry up! ;D

Well done you...that must have been hard work organising........ O0
I must admit I love having mine in the shed....my little piece of sanity :smitten:

We just moved ours out of the shed lol they are now outside enjoying the weather

Thanks Sammy, the original plan was to put them upstairs but looking at all my books and the girls things I just couldn't make the room. It's nice to go out and see them! I've just added more hay and blanket and Pearl is popcorning everywhere.

So they are all settled for the night, the hutch is still indoors as we are done in and will have to do that another day!

Going to get in my PJ's now and not do anything else tonight! :D

Well done Louise, can't wait to see pics! I've moved a lot of mine out too - no pigs upstairs in the house now (just lots in the lounge LOL!)

Glad they're all happy in their new accommodation!

Sophie
x

When I say Shed it is a wendy house! :D It is 7x5 so it isn't that big will take some piccys tomorrow. :)

We have been pricing to make our own should be a lot cheaper. Peter can do it no problem I'm looking for an 8x10 have to be careful as we have no backgate so everything comes through the house. :)

Oh right ;) I used to have a wendy house ;D i now have a 10x8 O0

LOL The only wendy house I had was made of plastic, this is made of shed wood and looks like Shed just has a smaller door. We got it to store the girls toys in (bikes etc) It's now quite cute as a Guinea Pig Lodge. :)

My old 'shed' was for my brother too for his junk and stuff ;D I then moved my pigges in and kept banging my head on the small door so beware :D

They are certainly cosy Ron! I could have gotten in with the girls they looks snug! :) Now I'm worried, are they warm enough, have they enough to eat etc etc! ::)

Stop being a worry wart.....they'll be fine......Mummy can't see us....what shall we play ;D ;D ;D

Haha Sammy I know, it's just odd usually I pop in the pig room and watch them and hear Pearl squeaking from about a mile away it's very strange! But they'll be fine! Pearl will be getting up to mischief I added extra fleece in their cage so they can snuggle in. :)

Must seem very quiet in your house tonight.....***Louise looks for her sleeping bag to go and sleepover with the piggies*** ;D ;D

Haha Jane waiting for Peter to take them, just got his camera on charge. The battery was out as I'm always on at him to take more pics :-D

i am currently saving up for a shed so that my piggies can go free range i was going to completely do away with there huts currently have 8 huts inside and 4 runs which they go in when weather is good and let them run around freeley i now have11 piggies that i have adopted as there previouse owners could no longer look after them i was going to put some little wooden houses to hide away in and ramps but i am not sure what to use on the floor was going to use card board and paper wood chippings and lots of hay as i realise floor will get very wet i also wanted a small door in the side like a cat flap i could hook open and have a large run attached to the side but i am concerned about rats being able to get in because of the food and i know they are a problem for people with chickens does anybody else have a free range shed and do they have any suggestions

tinso said:
i am currently saving up for a shed so that my piggies can go free range i was going to completely do away with there huts currently have 8 huts inside and 4 runs which they go in when weather is good and let them run around freeley i now have11 piggies that i have adopted as there previouse owners could no longer look after them i was going to put some little wooden houses to hide away in and ramps but i am not sure what to use on the floor was going to use card board and paper wood chippings and lots of hay as i realise floor will get very wet i also wanted a small door in the side like a cat flap i could hook open and have a large run attached to the side but i am concerned about rats being able to get in because of the food and i know they are a problem for people with chickens does anybody else have a free range shed and do they have any suggestions

Hi ,I have 9 pigs inthe shed free range .....I have One hutch with half the shed for the girls and the other half with hutch for the boys and i have had no problems with rats getting in and eating the food..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back