In need of new bedding.

• Thread starter Thread starter CavyChick777
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CavyChick777

I have always used hay as bedding but now I need some thing cheap, easy to clean, fresh smelling, OK for a c&c cage and in OZ. My piggies live in a sheltered area, like a shed with walls on either side but not at the front. They have a plastic tarp that can be rolled down if it is cold or windy. We are getting a C&C cage next week because I have to change the hay every 2-3 days and it is really smelly and hard to clean. Anyone have a solution that doesn't need to be cleaned daily, doesn't smell, and is good for pigs housed outdoors. Also another reason that we have decided to change is that today I found a bit of hay stuck in one of my piggies' bums and it was hurting him. Of course I will still give them a lot of hay to eat, but just not as bedding.

Sorry for the long post.
Any help would be really appreciated. O0

I use megazorb over newspaper , best I've ever used I clean them out every 4th day, but you can spot clean really easily with megazorb, inside piggies are on profleece which is gr8 ,I clean poos off everyday and wash every 3rd day.sx

Mine are on fleece which I clean daily but they are all indoors and I do clean them daily even if they don't need it to keep ontop of the mess. Megazorb is longer lasting then hay, I used it for a while but found once I brought pigs indoors it was getting everywhere. Be aware though that it is dusty when you open the bag.

I find carefresh much better although more expensive but lasts longer then Megazorb. All depends on what you want to spend. :)

Louise
x

I'm not too bothered about the cost I'm just looking for what's best for the piggies.

CavyChick777 said:
Do you know where to get it?

Not sure they sell it in OZ love you could ask in a local pet store :) most of us on here are in the UK there is another member on here from OZ she might know if you can buy it over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back