In Love with me Bruva......

Storm1974

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‚ As the title states, I'm sure Bracken is totally smitten with his brother Bramble just lately, as he is always swaying his butt and rumble strutting up to Bramble, and he's also been grooming Brambles' ear quite often as well. ๐Ÿ˜ I know rumble strutting is either a sign of dominance 'aggression' or being used as a kind of mating ritual towards a female, but Bracken's definitely not being aggressive, in any way, towards his brother! ๐Ÿฅฐ It's like as soon as Bramble gets close to Bracken, and even if Bramble is down the other end of the cage, sometimes, Bracken will start his rumbling and swaying and while Bramble does all his whining and complaining, usually Bracken will get the message and move away.....But not for long...... ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿฅฐ

They're both teenagers (Around 4-5 months old) by the way.

Pic attached is Bramble (top) and Bracken below. ๐Ÿฅฐ

Attachments

• _IMG6585.webp
    _IMG6585.webp
    100.3 KB · Views: 3
Another pic, I waited too long to add, so had to post separately...

Hi

Rumble-strutting is a lot more like that. With the ear licking, yours has a dominance note but it sounds like it is just the variant that I call a moment of 'living his boarliness' - the sheer joy of being a boar and totally happy with life as it is. This form of rumble-strutting can also often segue into a popcorning session.

Caring for Older Piggies and Facing the End - A practical and supportive information collection
'Popcorning' (jumping) and 'zooming' (running) - joy and exuberance (videos) (see the video with Gareth for this)

Hi

Rumble-strutting is a lot more like that. With the ear licking, yours has a dominance note but it sounds like it is just the variant that I call a moment of 'living his boarliness' - the sheer joy of being a boar and totally happy with life as it is. This form of rumble-strutting can also often segue into a popcorning session.

Caring for Older Piggies and Facing the End - A practical and supportive information collection
'Popcorning' (jumping) and 'zooming' (running) - joy and exuberance (videos) (see the video with Gareth for this)
๐Ÿฅฐ Glad to hear he's (Well Bracken, at least!) happy, and yes, he does often popcorn (Jump into the air) after he's been doing a rumbling session. It's all we hear from the cage nowadays, Bracken rumbling and Bramble constantly whinging at him, it's happening now as I type, and last night when I was typing this post! He never seems to stop for more than a few minutes, and that's usually when he's eating! ๐Ÿ˜… :inn:

Still at least they're not fighting! :lol:

๐Ÿฅฐ Glad to hear he's (Well Bracken, at least!) happy, and yes, he does often popcorn (Jump into the air) after he's been doing a rumbling session. It's all we hear from the cage nowadays, Bracken rumbling and Bramble constantly whinging at him, it's happening now as I type, and last night when I was typing this post! He never seems to stop for more than a few minutes, and that's usually when he's eating! ๐Ÿ˜… :inn:

Still at least they're not fighting! :lol:

He's a full-on hormonal teenager coming up to the all time hormonal high around 6 months as his testicles as currently descending. Bramble is the submissive one. But it is all still very much in the mild stages where you want it to be.

Back