• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Impaction or Injury?

College Studenr

New Born Pup
Reaction score
So just to star, I just got home from college so I have not been home in a month and I went to see my Guinea pigs (both male), and I noticed one wasn’t walking on his back legs just hopping and his back leg was sticking out a lot. He had a huge lump in the back towards his left hind leg so I took him out and his anal area was huge! Around the size from the tip of my thumb to the knuckle There was a big piece of poop there too, about the size of a dollar coin. I kinda of squeezed it out but he is still hopping around. I’m planning on calling the vet in the morning to see if I could go in, but is it serious? I am really worried about him since I’m only home for less than a week.

Hello and welcome.
I would take him to the vet as soon as possible. It sounds kind of serious and should be taken to a vet.

Emergency vet would be preferable. I have taken both of my boys, Finn and Bear, to be seen by an emergency vet in the past because their regular exotic vet couldn’t fit them in schedule. I am also in the US.
Good luck.

:agr:
He really needs to be seen for a proper hands on examination and diagnosis.

You may also want to consider how your boys are cared for while you are away.
I would be worried that the person looking after them hadn't noticed this and dealt with it sooner.

Good luck. I hope he’s soon on the mend.

So sorry to hear your boy isn't well. I agree with the above he really does need to see a vet asap and to make sure your piggies get the appropriate care whilst your away. Hope he is OK, please keep us posted x

I hope that you have been able to get him seen by a vet, poor chap.

Back