• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

I'm worried about Reggie

• Thread starter Thread starter piggy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

piggy

I'm a bit concerned about Reggie. He seems awfully quiet and not really interested in anything. I had him out earlier on my knee with Gus but he wasn't as bothered about his pal as he normally is. He even lay on my knee which is most unusual. Earlier on I gave him salad and he didn't scoff it down as normal just sort of picked at it. He did eventually finish it but not with his usual relish. When I put him back in his cage he lay flat out immediately and even when I rustled food bags he didn't bother. Checked on him a while a go and he was picking at his food. Should I be worried or could he just be feeling a bit out of sorts?

Badger was like that a couple of weeks ago. When I checked him over I found he had got an impacted bum. It has never happened before with him. After I had sorted that out he immediately perked up. Could it be something like that? Has he only been like it today?

http://www.oginet.com/pgurney/analimpact.htm

(Its fully explained on this website by Peter Gurney)

I have only suggested that as a possibility as Badger was showing exactly the same symptoms and he perked up immediately it was sorted. However it could be a number of things causing the problem so I would suggest a trip to the vet tomorrow if he's still not himself.

Hope he's feeling better soon.

I had a look at Reggie's bum and there was a bit of debris in fact quite a bit of hay and stuff so I cleaned it away and left him for a while. When I went back to check him out he came from his bed doing his usual squeeking! I also noticed a good number of poos in his pooing corner he also done his usual rumbling when I held his friend up to his cage and when I was leaving the room he was eating so fingers crossed! If it's just a flash in the pan I will take him to the vet tomorrow buit hopefully that was his prob. Thanks for the advice.

Hi how's Reggie feeling today?
Hope all is well. If not can you take him to the vets for a little check up, it may make you and him feel better, always best to see the vet if unsure :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back