I'm getting a Shed yipee!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I went on freecycle the other day and just asked if anyone had a shed they didnt want and to my surprise I had a reply! Hubby is going to look at it tonight to see how to transport it. Oh my piggies will have such a luxury pad now any ideas on how to set it up inside would be great. :D :D

OOh you lucky madam i could do with a extension to mine maybe to get more, oops best not tell OH !

put some news paper down with lots of hay and plenty cubby holes for them to hide in and just make it as interesting as possible i have look out posts (cardboard box with a ramp basically) which they destroy and is easy to replace also have toilet roll tubes and a basin of water which i put peices of veg in such as spring greens they like to fish it out and it keeps them cool when its warm

Sounds wonderful, willowflower. Do you put anything between the wooden shed floor and the newspaper layer? Do you put hay everywhere or are there parts with just newspaper?

Some people have mentioned mice in sheds - my hubby is anxious about that too cos we back onto large fields and have mice in the garden.

i have a layer of linoleum under the newspaper the paper is just to absorb the wee so they aren't rolling around in it
i live near a local farm and buy my hay by the bale so i put loads in the back half of the shed and just newspapers at the front (that way you can see any piggies at the front of the shed so you don't step on them) i haven't had any problems with mice and i'm in a pretty rural area not beside a field though

that sounds great! O0 :smitten:

I have a 'purpose built' shed but am still working out how to set it out too!
;D
Also what is freecycle? ?

Freecycle is people giving things away that they no longer want :)

OoOOO free stuff! ;D I'm not even gonna go there cos i'll end up with poo everywhere i dont need ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back