I'm Adopting These Two Lovely Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drezella

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm very exciting to be adopting these beautiful boys. As soon as their cage arrives they'll be coming home. (Which should hopefully be the end of next week). I'm so excited.

They are 12 month old boars. I'm thinking of calling them Paddy (The black and white one) and Rohan (the black eyed white one). But I also like Gus, Archie, Seamus, Rupert and Marlon. So I've got a lot of names/ideas to choose from. :xd: They are currently part of a trio, but I'll be taking the black and white one, and the far right one. :D

freddijakejoshgps-jpg.20963
img_1617-resized-jpg.20962

Very exciting indeed! :D

Last edited:
They are beautiful! You will absolutely love them, but definitely do read up all you can on here in the mean-time on boar behavior as they can be tricky, yet so much fun when everything good :)

Yeah I've bought two of everything and keep reading bits of advice. They are currently a trio, I'm taking two of them and the third boar is going to be paired with a baby boar. The rescue owner is very experienced and said that it's best to separate the trio anyway because they will probably fight at some point, so I asked could I take the most dominant one and one of the others. So there might be some initial power struggles once they get into their new territory, but hopefully as they are already well bonded and 12 months old, there won't be any major fights. :D

Hi and welcome to our really friendly and informative forum. I too have a pair of boars and they have such characters, I'm sure you will soon fall in love just as I have. Enjoy the forum and hope to hear lots from you soon!

Hi! It is good that the lady you are rehoming from seems to be pretty clued up about boar behaviour. All the best! I would recommend to treat the move into their new home like an introduction.
https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/threads/dominance-behaviours-in-guinea-pigs.28949/
https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/threads/faq-introducing-and-re-introducing-guinea-pigs.38562/

PS: I would wait with naming them until you have them and get to know them. Something is bound to stick after a week or two - or you will end up with a nickname! ;)

They look lovely. I bet you will have some fun times ahead with them!

They are beautiful! You will absolutely love them, but definitely do read up all you can on here in the mean-time on boar behavior as they can be tricky, yet so much fun when everything good :)
I couldn't agree more, I have 4 boars, my first 2 I couldn't have wished for better but my recent 2 haven't been the same. I keep looking and researching but still find it very difficult. Good luck :-)

Aww, they're beautiful! I have two boars, have had them almost exactly a year now and me and my partner are first-time piggy owners too. Definitely recommend doing as much research online as you possibly can, this website is a minefield of info in particular and really helped us prepare for getting them. I'm sure they'll bring you lots of joy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back