If you add white vinegar to the fabric softener section..

Spaniel

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
.. do you then do a clear rinse after that?

Obviously the white vinegar goes in on the last rinse when added to the drawer but does it then need a clear rinse to wash out the vinegar?

Hope that makes sense!

Thank you.

I should have just said “do you need to rinse out white vinegar” really shouldn’t I?! Couldn’t think how to word it when I posted 🙄

I dont know the answer but when I had to buy a new washing machine last year the instructions said never to put vinegar in at all!

No
Thank you.

I should have just said “do you need to rinse out white vinegar” really shouldn’t I?! Couldn’t think how to word it when I posted 🙄
you don’t need to.

I wonder if there are concerns about it perishing rubber hence it being advised against as above… I’ve used it off and on over the years (I tend to forget to use it, I don’t use softeners or anything else) and not had a problem but I guess they have to advise caution.

I was advised by a washing machine engineer when my last machine stopped working not to use vinegar. He said it rots the rubber parts this had had happened inside mine which caused a leak into internal parts that were too expensive to replace.

Back