If they have been fine previously..

• Thread starter Thread starter squeakywheeky
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

squeakywheeky

Here's the situation. Got Puddles at 6 weeks old for a lone boar I had wwhich would have been 3 months. They 'bonded' brilliantly and are living in one cage with one of everything no problems. Trek the oldest did hump puddles in the first few days but he no longer does this or I havn't seen any of it. Trek does rumble at Puddles at times for even just walking past him! Trek is now 4 months and Puddles is 2 and half months. Puddles is now starting to strut and rumble though. Does this mean that the dominance battle has not been sorted yet? Is it just because he is getting older. I am worried that they are suddenly going to start to fight hitting adolescence.

Can any one shed any light to the situation. What are the chances of all hell breaking lose as they get older?

I am wondering the same thing with my two. How long does ot take for this behaviour to end and is it just because of puberty

I have got quite a few bonded males - in fact five pairs. Apart from Mr Tiggy and Joe (father and son) who just get on brilliantly -( but then Mr Tiggy is the real gentleman of guinea pigs), the rest play fight and generally wind each other up but its all totally harmless. No-one ever gets hurt and in most cases they don't actually touch one another...just pretend to be big and tough. In fact Zach and Buster only start when I go into the room. Its as though they are showing off for my benefit! Its quite funny!

To be honest I have had more trouble with the girls fighting than ever I have had with my boys! :D

furryfriends said:
To be honest I have had more trouble with the girls fighting than ever I have had with my boys! :D

What do you do about sows fighting? Do you still keep them together if they are not harming each other physically but doing lots of rumbling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back