Ice Packs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry&lloyd

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It's been a bit hot for the girls today so gave harry & Lloyd an ice pack each wrapped up in a towel. I thought it would be a bit too cold without the towel and straight out the freezer but they had other ideas. Lloyd is currently snuggled up to an ice pack inside the towel & Harry is thinking this is also a good plan. My question is, is this ok or should I take it away. They love the coldness but worried it might be too cold for their little feet and bodies. image.webp

I personally would take it away seeing as he's taken the towel away, this may be dangerous, because it would be very cold for them.

Perhaps just re-wrap the pick up so they it's protected again?

So wrapping in towels is a no, they always found a way into it. I've found some old material that is a lot thinner but they can't unwrap it. It's a shame cause they seem to love it so much. Thanks for the replies

Perhaps sow some Velcro to an old pillow case so you can keep it shut?

Sometimes if you cover up the ice packs too much the pigs don't get much coolness from it.

They have the snuggle safe cool pad but they ignored it (probably because it wasn't cold enough for them). This has been donated to Katie & Nala who ignore it equally. Thankfully Katie & Nalas room is a lot cooler

I use a pillowcase too :) Even if they don't lie near it, it will bring the air temperature down a bit inside the hutch/cage :)

I had a slight obsession with buying ice pod/packs and fleece, I wrap the pod/packs up in the fleece. Always find a piggie laying on :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back