I Think You'll Get This

Mantha16

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So I was sat on sofa chatting to piggys on other side of room and went piggypoos what you doing and j-roc came to edge of cage and starting squeaking. Now I know that it was most likely cos there's cucumber in the vicinity but I'd like to think they are starting to trust me esp as he also let me stroke his head for 2 whole seconds. They certainly seem to have forgiven me for taking them out of the cage this morning whilst I cleaned it

Sounds like he knows this hooman will bring him food and is kind and lovely....and will bring him food..lol...but mostly that this hooman is awesome:clap:
I'm pretty sure at the moment I'm just the mean hooman who turfs them out of bed so I can clean it ha ha they are just suckers for cucumber but it's amazing how much they are coming out of their shells even after only 5 days

I'm pretty sure at the moment I'm just the mean hooman who turfs them out of bed so I can clean it ha ha they are just suckers for cucumber but it's amazing how much they are coming out of their shells even after only 5 days
Yea defo - you've made great progress with them! Think it tool me couple of weeks if not more to earn Jerry's trust. Vinnie was fine quicker but not 5 days I don't think. So well done!

Well done! Are they very young? I was surprised when I first got mine at how quickly they came round (it took them two days to figure out that if I sat by the cage they were getting hand fed), but they were very young. I had previously fostered piggies which had not been handled, and I never managed to get any of them to be fully comfortable with hand feeding or handling. They tolerated it, but these three boys LOVE interaction.

Well done! Are they very young? I was surprised when I first got mine at how quickly they came round (it took them two days to figure out that if I sat by the cage they were getting hand fed), but they were very young. I had previously fostered piggies which had not been handled, and I never managed to get any of them to be fully comfortable with hand feeding or handling. They tolerated it, but these three boys LOVE interaction.
they think about 15 months from what I can gather they weren't mistreated in last home just the owner had circumstances where they were no longer able to look after them. They were in the sanctuary for a while and I suspect they didn't get much one on one there. We will prob have a regression on Saturday following vet visit and cage deep clean but they are very good natured I expected boys to be a bit more feisty.

I think Oswald is just a greedy guts so that overwhelms his fear and j-roc I think will be more handlable in the long term

Back