• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

I think I'm losing BUttercup please help

• Thread starter Thread starter minky
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

minky

Yesterday Buttercup had very bad diarrhoea and i treated with the same thing as i had given Sammy and seperated her from the group ive gone in to check her this morning and she is barely moving just her paws shaking ive given her a dose of baytril and syringe fed her some water but it just seemed to much for her and is now lying in the kitchen wrapped in a blanket

I have to go work this morning as we are having an audit by the accountant otherwise i would stay with her

can i do anything else i just have this feeling I'm losing her and she wont be here when i come home :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Any ideas anyone

Sounds like your doing your best for Buttercup.

How long will you be out for? - Is there anybody who can look after Buttercup whilst your out?

Have you got any pro-biotic to give? - Anti-biotics can sometimes cause diarrhea so probably best to give a pro-biotic to prevent that.

Sorry that I am not much help - Please do keep us updated on her.

Hi, I know this sounds odd - but my peruvian boar has been very sick lately. My mum came over yesterday when he was on his last legs and suggested sugar water. Two teaspoons of sugar in half a cup of boiling water. Allow it to cool slightly and syringe / spoon feed it to them. Within an hour he had the strength to stand up and within three hours he was eating! The calories really helped his weight loss too, and he is now on the road to a full recovery... I cant guarantee it will work for you - but must be worth a try.

PS: I'm sure work would understand if you need to take time out, I used to be an auditor and I trust me they are used to being left to it, so it wont be a huge problem to them if you have to skip out and go home mid morning!

I hope bUttercup is ok, I would also try both ideas fiberplex did Dobbs the world of good when he had diaroeah months ago and dioralite sachets lemon flavour he loved and it really put life back into him becasue it contains the bodys sugar and salts needed to have energy etc good luck and sod work, thats easy to say I know but say your are ill

well I'm home i managed to finish early thank god i only work part time

nothings changed ive tried giving her some water but she doesnt want it her breathing is laboured with little pants she feels swollen around her middle and flinching I'm holding her in my arms and typing one handed

i keep thinking have i done something wrong she had grass yesterday along with the rest of the herd the only thing new was savoy cabbage could that have upset her?

please keep strong baby

Am so sorry to read Buttercup is not well. I hope she feels better soon. From what you have said do you think she could have Bloat ? from the grass and cabbage ?

http://www.oginet.com/pgurney/bloat.htm

Could you give Vedra at CCt a call and ask her advice or pop her off to see your vet. I know its a difficult call, but she does sound very poorly and if her tum is swollen she could be in a lot of pain.

Wishing you all best.

Deb x

if she is swollen round her tum try some gripe water it worked for farty arty, but i would rather she went to see the vet asap,let us know hope she improves soon

Deb said:
Am so sorry to read Buttercup is not well. I hope she feels better soon. From what you have said do you think she could have Bloat ? from the grass and cabbage ?

http://www.oginet.com/pgurney/bloat.htm

Could you give Vedra at CCt a call and ask her advice or pop her off to see your vet. I know its a difficult call, but she does sound very poorly and if her tum is swollen she could be in a lot of pain.

Wishing you all best.

Deb x

it does sound it Deb, a friend suggested the gripe water which i have now given her plus asuch water as she will take, its like she physically shakes as if she is shivering and then like a cough, she tries to squeek as i touch her tummy and she has passed some more wet poo, I'm scared to put her downshe tries to lie on her side but cant quite make it. The vet opens at 5 but to be honest i dont think he can do anymore for her than i can

oh dear... maybe she is really gassy lol... i would take her to the vet maybe they can do somthing...
Wishing all the best to you and your pig!

Good luck! Get well soon piggie!

oh no! i am so sorry to hear that!

R.I.P little one... remember your mummy loves you!

RIP Little Buttercup. Your Mummy loved you very much, have fun at the Rainbow Bridge :-*

I'm still raw from losing my dobbs saturday so am probably crying along with you right now :'(, I am so very sorry she did sound bad, and probably nothing could have been done for her except make her comfortable as i had to admit defeat with dobby , so very sorry sweetheart, God bless Buttercup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back