• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

i really need advice... is this normail?

• Thread starter Thread starter Cloverandmagic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cloverandmagic

okay my guinea pig magic , is around 6 -7 years old now , and all she does is sleep! whenever i come into the room the cage is in, i always find her sleeping or snuggled down into the shavings, and my other guinea pig Clover, whose nine months , will be out and about and my 9 month old weighs more than my 6 year old ! like ... ? and I'm shocked that she's soo light than my other one :o
is this normal?

mmm yes is she eating ok? if they're together can you be sure she's getting enough food?
She's a little old lady now :smitten: and they can slow down considerably :)
Keep her comfortable and with plenty of veggies, hay, pellets and water and she'll be a happy piggie :smitten:

One of my guinea girls is nearing 6 and lives with 3 one year olds. She sleeps a lot. She pushes herself in between the others to keep warm. She eats very well but is very light compared to what she used to be. I'm sure it is just old age that makes them lose weight and sleep more.

yes magic eats fine, gets water and moves herself around, but whenever i pick her up , her weight is eqqivelent to a toy doll . so i checked her teeth to make sure she didnt have ingrown teeth, but it seems nothings wrong.

:(

She sounds happy and content to me if she is eating etc and in good health I would say she is just tired and having a young un about must ware her out too :) Do keep a eye on her weight tho just incase it drops anymore O0

thats good advice,,

when i first got Clover, Magic used to be the youngest and would popcorn and she always had that twinkle of happyness in her eyes, and when Scooter passed away , all she did was look for Scooter, flipping over houses, and she was sad and started crying. so we went out and got Clover, and then she like aged overnite

Why don't you regularly weigh her and then you'll know if she's gaining or loosing weight O0 I do this and it tells me when i need to get his toofies checked O0
She does sound happy tho :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back