I now have 2 in side

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggybaker

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have brought Bertie in doors due to being a bit concerned about his mental state, i think he is depressed, but since coming in he is a barrel of laughs and so vocal,

I am going to keep him in through the winter and put him out again in the summer, he is in a Nero 2, i do feel this is 2 small for him, but i don't have any bigger indoor cages and i can't bring the hutch in :(,

it will only be for another 3 months, and it is only him,

I have no idea about indoor hutch sizes, but I am glad he has cheered up :D

Glad to hear he's cheered up :)

I feel similar to you. I brought my 3 girls indoors just before Christmas (when the frost was setting in).
The cage they are in isn't at all the largest, and I wouldn't have it as permanent housing. The hutch/run they have outdoors in the shed is 4 times bigger. However, the girls have had to sacrifice space for warmth over these frosty few months.
I do feel guilty that they don't have access to a larger space 24/7, however, I am not worrying about them when the weather is frosty and biting cold. They do get a run about every morning and evening and they definitely seem happy enough (popcorning and wheeking like crazy :D ).
Roll on summer when my girlies can enjoy the long lushious grass on the lawn, and those lovely long summer days (****dreams**** :smitten: :D :D ;D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back