i know this might be a bit early but................

• Thread starter Thread starter poppy1775
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

poppy1775

my piggies have always lived inside but this year i'm having to move them outside as I've far to many to keep in the house! :'(
they are ok now bu i'm worried about when it get really cold in winter would they be ok in just the shed of would it have to be heated?

And how do you heat a shed ?

mine are in an unheated shed in the winter, I put taparlin round the inside and carboard boxes folded up and fleece blankets ontop of their houses. they are free range in the shed and they also had the things you heat in the microwave for 5 mins and they stay hot for about 10 hours.they cost bout £20 from pets@home and other places.I have 6 pigs in the shed and they were fine. They have been in the shed since last nov no problems during the weeather now i leave the shed open - i have a wire mesh screen on and a rain cover for it also.

How many pigs do you have?

i've got 10 piggies altogether in 3 hutches and 2 cages will be get 2 more hutches when funds permit! i Also have a completely empty shed! lol

My piggies live outdoors all year. I just make sure I give them lots and lots of bedding and cover the hutch with an old piece of carpet and a tarpaulin. I believe it is the damp and draughts that causes them problems rather than the cold itself so as long as this is eliminated they should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back