I Have A Flopper!

Rochester Piggy

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Today, I noticed Cali was flopped in front of the hay rack, sleeping! She had double chooken legs and it was really cute, but I freaked, thinking she was dying, and poked her. She woke up, looked at me, and went back to sleep. Later, I noticed her flopped under the fleece forest! She usually only sleeps in a hidey or her cuddle cup (her favorite thing in the world). This is really cute and funny, but I wanted to make sure this isn't a sign of anything wrong. Is it?

No it's nothing wrong. There are lots of forum pictures of double chicken leg sleepy pigs. @Swissgreys Ruby is probably the most memorable.

You really need to relax and worry a little less, Cali is absolutely fine ;) your probably just seeing what is usually hidden by her favorite sleeping hide.

Like as @Squeakz says our Ruby is a flopper, and trust me when I say she is completely fine.
Eddi also lays like this but only on his special platform, whereas Ruby will flop pretty much anywhere in the cage.
It is nothing to worry about - a lot of piggies do it.
2-jpg.67159

You've never seen a death flop until you see a rabbit do it! They really go for it, they throw themselves in the air and land on their back with their paws in the air, mine do it all the time - the monsters! :))

You've never seen a death flop until you see a rabbit do it! They really go for it, they throw themselves in the air and land on their back with their paws in the air, mine do it all the time - the monsters! :))

You need to video this madness :yikes::tu:

Is yours a joke? I can't imagine anything like that!:)) but I don't know rabbits' habits

Today, I noticed Cali was flopped in front of the hay rack, sleeping! She had double chooken legs and it was really cute, but I freaked, thinking she was dying, and poked her. She woke up, looked at me, and went back to sleep. Later, I noticed her flopped under the fleece forest! She usually only sleeps in a hidey or her cuddle cup (her favorite thing in the world). This is really cute and funny, but I wanted to make sure this isn't a sign of anything wrong. Is it?
next time take some pics of relaxed Cali!:love::love::love::love:

Back