I found a cheap supplier of correx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
If anyone needs correx for their c & c cages, I have found that Travis Perkins ( branches nationwide) do 2mm thick sheets of it in black. Measurements 2.5 metres by 1.8 metres per sheet. It costs about £5 per sheet. It is thinner than the usual correx and is used for dry lining walls and protecting floors, but having just made some new cages for my lot, it is ideal as easy to bend, score etc :)

This is the same stuff on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Swiftguard-Ge...yZ105992QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Hope this is of some use to some of you ;)

Thanx 4 that my cages r coming 2day and i have a travis perkins just down the road :)

Hi Abnoba,

I'ts 8ft by 6ft but obviously you have to take into account the 12 inches off each sides to make the base! O0 So roughly you could make a 6ft by 4ft which would mean 20 grids! :)

Yikes it's too early for Maths! :)

Hope that helps!

Louise
x

Abnoba said:
Somebody help me out - 2.5 metres by 1.8 metres, how big would that be in grids?

Well, a 2x6 is 76cm x 193cm according to the guineapigcages site..you also need to think about how tall the sides will be though ;)

I meant to say this supplier is down the road from me but I spoke to a nice guy from Bootle in North Liverpool (I'm 30 mins away in the South) who rung me after an e-mail quary to say he had the sizes I need 83" x 39" and 60" x 53".

Louise
x

My OH is at Travis perkins at the moment and their sheets of black correx are 8 foot x 4 foot and cost £3.40 (trade discount) or £5.20 for cash per sheet :D It is called cordex (the trade name) and cordex has a website.
As it is quite thin (2mm I think) and weighs 800 grammes per sheet. It rolls up nicely or you can actually fold it to fit in your car and it doesnt damage it, it only leaves a crease mark which wont matter as it will be covered in paper/hay and poop anyway :)
He is picking up 2 sheets for me and I will do the downstairs cages in it.
I will post pics when I have done it. I have moved their cages and made them bigger!

Some stores have to order it in so i would check with them first i have ordered mine because Travis Perkisn are one of our Builders Merchants

Abnoba said:
Pictures?

I will go to Travis Perkins tomorrow morning and hopefully they have some still!

Sorry, I posted the pictures under housing, `rebuilt cages, bigger and better`

Minky said:
Some stores have to order it in so i would check with them first i have ordered mine because Travis Perkisn are one of our Builders Merchants

Yes, I rang them now and they dont have it, they would have to order it, but its a minimum order of 10 sheets :-\

They said theyd ring me back anyway to let me know how much that would cost me.

Travis Perkins don't do it in my local one either >:( at the moment my piggies are in the conservatory, they have a cage like the c&c but I dont have anything to line my floor with they are just on the wooden flooring which is not ideal.
They have loads of hay, megazorb and vetbed but its getting everywhere >:(

Sorry to hear that you are all having trouble getting it from TP, like I said, my OH got it in the first one he went to...they had tons of it :-\

I don't mind travelling for it I'll phone around in the week and see where I can get it from.

Well if it`s any help to anyone, my OH got it from the one in Croydon, near Ikea :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back