• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

I dropped him..

• Thread starter Thread starter spudnik
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spudnik

I feel really awful, i had duke and shakey in my arms and shakey leant backwards and fell out of my arms from about waist high to the floor, he started wimpering so i wuickly got him up on my bed and check all his legs, gave him a cuddle and put him down to make sure he was walking properly on all 4 legs and he was, so i went to get him a treat for being a brave little soldier, and when i was giving him a treat i thought i saw blood in his mouth, stupid me forgot to check his teeth i was more bothered about broken legs, so we checked his mouth and he has a cut which was bleeding, i took the little bit of skin which was hanging off away, and he still seemed keen to eat, his teeth are not broken luckily.

should i leave the cut be? or is it best to clean it with something..its like right at the front of his mouth to the side of his tooth, I'm going to the vet tomorrow with morgan, so I was thinking maybe i should take him along just for them to check theres nothing in the cut or any infection..please help I'm so worried about him!

I would take him tomm with you to get him checked out,you could always give the vet a call now and ask whats best?

He seems ok now, the cut has stopped bleeding and looks a lot smaller than what i first thought it was, he's eating ok and had his head in the dry food dish eating away :)

That's good news, but I would still take him to the vets, who will probably prescribe some antibiotics just to make sure an infection doesn't set in. O0

ok i'll take him tomorrow with me then, they dont have any appt's for today my vets fill up quickly as they dont open for very long :tickedoff:

Awwwh! I hope he's ok, and I hope his little cut will be ok too! Best of luck at vets O0

Hope that everything goes okay at the vet... O0

spudnik said:
ok i'll take him tomorrow with me then, they dont have any appt's for today my vets fill up quickly as they dont open for very long :tickedoff:

I have the same problem with my vets. He will be alright until tomorrow. :)

aww, you poor love. I'm sure he'll be fine. Like everyone says take him with you tomorrow :)

my vet squeezed me in with biscuits my chin

mine are closed now now, they open like 3.30-6pm its spupid opening times, I'm going at 5.20 tomorrow, ive justchecked him again, it doesnt seem be stopping him eating or running away with pieces of cabbage so duke can have any! ;D

Poor piggy He probably just bit his lip. I bet he doesn't hold a grudge :)

well he's still squaking at me every time i enter the room and taking all the treats off me so i dont think he's holding it against me, he's quite a clumsy guinea pig though really, he was sat on my bf's chest yesterday my bf was led down and out of no-where rolled backwards and landed into his arm lol and at 2 days old he rolled over off the sofa i think he's accident prone but he's never hurt himself like he did today :'(

Awwwh at least hes still squeeking heehee, have you taken him to the vets for a check up?
lol hes clumbsy like me :p

Oh dear <hugs> for you, it's so difficult when they squirm. Just a little hint i always grab them one at a time and pop them into a towel and wrap them up to carry them anywhere cause of the fact they're wriggly bums ;)

Yes good idea for the vets, it'll give you piece of mind too :)
Give Shakey a big gentle cuddle from us :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Duke says hi to Duke ;)

Boil some water, let it cool. Then bathe the cut with a cutip. That'll make sure it's clean. - advice curtosy of my all knowing sister. No really. She does know everything about animals! It's freaky!

Aww I dropped poor Angus from waist high last night too :'( thankfully he isnt hurt... we checked him all over :)

Hope Shakey is okay :smitten:

thanks, he seems fine today jumping around eating and drinking with no problems, beig general shakeyness, he normally doesnt squirm at all he sits still its duke i have to watch!

♥Ali-loves-piggies♥ said:
Awwwh at least hes still squeeking heehee, have you taken him to the vets for a check up?
lol hes clumbsy like me :p

were going tonight at 5.20 :)

are you back yet?

Hope hes okay x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back