I dont know what to do.

toad

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have 2 guniea pigs , one jin and the second one is bean , jin is fine shes happy but bean on the other hand just sits in her safe space all day evryday she dosnt want to be taken out and i know I'm supposed to leave her in her safe space and not go in there but i havnt taken her out in a week , all i can do is give her food and hope she comes out , what do i do?

How long have you had your piggies for? Have you tried part covering the cage with a blanket. Bean may be scared to come into an open area as to a guinea pig an open area is unsafe and they may be taken from above and eaten. You know you're not going to do that but Bean doesn't so you have to teach her that. Also have lots of hideys with 2 entrances that she can dart into.

Hello and welcome to the forum. How long have you had them? If it’s only been a few days I’d say just let her settle. If you’ve had them a little longer it would be a good idea to weigh her daily for a few days to make sure she is eating enough and is not hiding because she is ill.

Hello and welcome to the forum
Some piggies take longer to settle than others. I would cover most of the cage and place food near to the safe place your piggie has chosen as a safe space. I should imagine that she is coming out rather like the kick at advert behind your back when it’s quiet and everyone is asleep
Give her time x

Hello and welcome to the forum. I agree with the other posters. When my Esme first came home, she constantly hid under the hay so I covered the cage where the hay was with a fleece blanket and moved the food nearby and she gradually started to come out. Just give them time to get used to their new surroundings x

Back