• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

I don't f,ing believe it

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggybaker

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have just gone out to check my girls and Cloud who is still hanging in there has managed to get a hay dart right in the MIDDLE of her eye, HOW? and WHY are they doing this!!,,, so off to the vet AGAIN tommorrow

WHY o WHY o WHY?? :tickedoff:

Oh no,how on earth did she manage to do that.Was the nhay actually sticking out of her eye? and how damaged is the eye?
If it(hopefully) is just a simple poke injury the eye will heal itself.The eye will go opaque and there will be a white dot where the hay poked the eye.The eye should heal within a week and the opaque will clear.This is just natures way of resting the eye while it is healing.

Ohh, that sounds nasty, hope she will be okay.

I had one of these last wheek (well a guinea did). It looked horrible but has now cleared and looks normal. You can do without all this can't you :)

As the saying goes "it nevers rains but it pours" (and no puns intended for the dreadful weather we are all currently experiencing!). I hope your little one is improving, so sorry to hear about another problem in your herd - keep you pecker up O0

Yep, my Bully has one at the moment, but we are bathing with salt water and Brolene and its getting better already. Bless them they're so brave when they get things like this aren't they?!

My Laska had an injury like that but it healed really quickly on its own after forming a cloudy cataracty thing which shrunk and went away before I even got as far as the vets so hopefully she will be fine :)

god sorry i haven't replyed am very busy with pig and packing for my hols,

clouds eye is clearing but i am positive she is now blind in her eye, its looks wrong inside.

anyway short and sweet will, oh sorry she has eye drops ::) sorrry

will chat later in two weeks

bye, I am going on my summer holiday no worries for a week o two ;D

oh good luck on your hols! hope you have a relaxing break. sending love and healing wheeks to little Cloud. You're certainly going through it at the moment hun. *big hugs* :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back