• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

I don't believe it!

• Thread starter Thread starter piggy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

piggy

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I've only got Gus's bladder probs sorted when I hear pain wheeking in the night again. Oh blast not again I think...... hold on that's not Gus. Got up and listened and located the noise. Horace my most recent addition. Gave him some metacam for the pain and while I was doing so Reggie his cagemate started toileting and he was wheeking too! I must be jinxed or something! Anyway noticed today that Reggie has pink pee don't think Horace has in fact I haven't heard him squeaking since giving the metacam. As it's both of them I take it it's an infection they have? Or am I having really bad luck with my piggies? Is it something I'm doing wrong? I can't believe this is happening. I thought all this was over after Gus's op but seems I was wrong.

Oh dear,what bad luck.As it is both of them it is likely that it is an infection,you would certainly be unlucky to have 3 pigs with renal stones!.
I would get both of them onto a course of Septrim.,and give plenty of extra water by syringe to flush the bladder through.

Thanks maryh. I'll get that done! Hopefully the septrin will do the trick!

Hi love how are they today :-\ :-\ :-\
Sending healing wheeks and lots of piggie kisses to help them :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
Gosh what a run you've had :'( am hoping 2008 will be a brighter year for you :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back