Hutches And Homes - Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAM37

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I'm looking to get the best home for two guinea pigs (not yet bought, want to make sure I've got the set up right first!). We have a large garden and thought the guinea pigs would like to be outside in a big run, but we also have a shed I use as an office so I originally thought they could go free range in that while I work and then go into a hutch overnight. But having looked at some of the threads here, it seems that most of the hutches we've looked at are pretty small compared to what guinea pigs really need. I like the C and C hutches and the shed is big enough for a big size so that feels better (and I'm guessing that the biggest also double up as a run?) but I have one concern... about four months ago we think we had a rat in the shed. He's not there now (was coming from a building site) but if we put guinea pigs in a C and C run in the shed would they be safe if a rat did get in? Sorry if these are daft questions and I'm very open to better ideas!

:wel: to the forum. Never feel you are asking a daft question when you ask a question about guinea pigs.

Mine are kept in a shed . I started off having a C&C cage in the shed but have now had a hutch made for them as I feel they are safer in a hutch. I have a C&C extension which I use when I am around to keep an eye on them.

I think your guinea pigs will be much safer if they are in a hutch which is off the ground .

I wouldn't risk c&c in a shed, would want the security of strong wire for them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back