Hutch pictures please!? What is your piggy home sweet home?

• Thread starter Thread starter lilgalnatalie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lilgalnatalie

Everyone has a different hutch to everyone else has i have noticed. Anyone get any pictures? here are mine:

Lavender Lodge Hutch
i112041183_36235_7.jpg

Thistle Hall Hutch
2dv2a1g.jpg

these are the broadoaks pigs house's!
thers 3 pigs in one and 4 pigs in another!
The money for these was donated by a local pup that the home use alot to take the residents out for lunch!

IMG_5562.jpg

u cheat...u put newspaper on the bottoms hehe, nice hutches!

Nat is that a baby in the first hutch? He looks tiny - or its a MASSIVE hutch!

Niki said:
BroadOaksPigs said:

thanks :) but i don't understand the cheat/newspaper bit :-\

I always use newspaper (i thought everyone did) it stops your hutches from getting wet and rotting quicker. So it makes your hutch last longer!

Is it okay to have guinea pigs outside in the summer, even at night, I'm not sure whether to have them inside or outside now.

Loopylou said:
Nat is that a baby in the first hutch? He looks tiny - or its a MASSIVE hutch!

yes, thats baby sooty, she passed away in febuary.

rachx said:
Is it okay to have guinea pigs outside in the summer, even at night, I'm not sure whether to have them inside or outside now.

It's fine but when the days are really hot you need to keep the piggies cool. I use frozen water bottles wrapped in towel for them to lie against, a house brick dampened with a wet cloth or a dampened towel draped over the outside of the hutch fronts & i re-wet it when it's dried, summer was hot last year & all my piggies were fine :)

Guinea-Tia-Flossie said:
Niki said:
BroadOaksPigs said:

I always use newspaper (i thought everyone did) it stops your hutches from getting wet and rotting quicker. So it makes your hutch last longer!

Same reason i use it & it insulates :)

Thanks again Niki, your very helpful, i have looked on how to keep g/pigs cool on this forum and will remember this

rachx said:
Thanks again Niki, your very helpful, i have looked on how to keep g/pigs cool on this forum and will remember this

You're welcome & don't be afraid to ask questions. Everyone on here is willing to help, someone will always have an answer & by asking questions we learn, i've asked lots & will be asking lots more  ;D ;D

I love it so much on here, i am part of chinchilla forums and there is only one that is as nice as this one, the rest everyone is mean to each other... :)

Niki said:
Guinea-Tia-Flossie said:
Niki said:
BroadOaksPigs said:

Same reason i use it & it insulates :)

It makes for cheap bedding too...i use a shredder on our news papers and they love nothing more than hiding under it ;D

rachx said:
I love it so much on here, i am part of chinchilla forums and there is only one that is as nice as this one, the rest everyone is mean to each other... :)

aaw that's not nice! Mind you, i've been on some nasty forums too....you just can't beat this one though! ;)

I'm just telling the truth, here is lovely although i have to say one chinchilla forum is as nice as this, now i come on here and on that chinchilla forum and thats all! oh and my emails! :) If i got guinea pigs i would have a base of newspaper and then ay, possibly straw, depends on what they are used to!

I havent got pictures of all of them. I have 25 resident piggies, the pairs and threesomes are in 6ft hutches like this
DSCN3594.jpg

DSCN3647.jpg

nov118.jpg

and my group of 9 are in the big enclosure in one of my sheds. The pictures dont show all of it and there are lots more toys in there now
DSCN4455.jpg

DSCN4449.jpg

P1000066.jpg

These are some of my rescue ones
5.5ft long (there is now another one on top instead of the cage and there is also more 6ft and 8ft ones either side 8))
DSCN3383.jpg

8ft long
DSCN4292Correction.jpg

χ [[ℓιттℓє иαтиαт said:
]χ ]
what is easier to clean up? the encloser or the hutchs?

They are just as easy as each other 8)

looks good i love seeing pictures of hutches and cages!

I'd love a herd like yours in an enclosure but we have a mouse problem in our shed so it's a no-go :'(

when we move house we might be getting a shed, and i will split it off and put the hutch doors open with a ladder so they can go and play in the area  O0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back