Hutch huggers

Status
Not open for further replies.

alisont

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Anyone know the best place to buy these from? Some seem soooo expensive are there any cheaper ones on the market?

I'm thinking Il need some for my 2 new 4 foot hutches by winter (more like winter at the mo here!)

How do they work is it easy to fit them and i take it they stop on all winter? My hutches open top and front and i like cleaning via the top miles easier but guess not poss once on.

Would they fit all 4 foot hutches?

Many thanks for any info :)

Alison

i use to have a hutch hugger when i kept the buns in a hutch.

i got mien from pets at hoem, and it was extremely expensive. however whilst i spent £70+ on mine (i gave it to a rescue only 12 months on as the buns moved intoa shed!) a friend of mine used bubble wrap to insulate her hutch, and it worked just aswell lol.....not sure what she used to keep the actual rain out though, but i can always ask her.

the hugs they sell in pets at home vary in size and shape, theyw ere easy enough to attach as tehy used velcro, and it meant you could undo them very easilyw hen you wanted to aswell....because w ehad a run permenantly attache di had to undo mine each night to get into teh front of the hutch to put in food, it was no problem atall though.

My guinea pigs go in the shed for the winter,but the rabbits stay out all year! I have a piece of carpet with the pile facing the hutch,then have thick black plastic fasten onto the carpet then a length of wood nailed on the end to weigh the cover down.Or you could use pond liner which I've used on the guinea pigs hutch to keep it waterproof! O0 Hope that makes sense!

I have a Lavender Lodge for my two piggies and looked at buying a hutch hugger but at nearly £60 I wondered if I could afford it. I was shopping in Tesco a couple of weeks ago and noticed they sold waterproof outdoor furniture covers for a tenner. I brought an oblong medium sized cover and it fits the lodge perfectly. I know it's not got the clear plastic facing like the hutch huggers but I cover the hutch with the cover fully at night and roll the front side up during the day.

Thanks Il look in tescos and wilkinsons, the hutch huggers look good but how can they charge that much?

With the older hutches i used carpet/carpet plastic protector rolls, but would rather find a more secure/neater looking cover.

I long for a shed but just not got the cash/space.

I'm not sure where else to buy them apart from P@H which is really expensive, i have the hutch snuggle which are padded and keep drafts and heat in the hutch which i think are better but they are slightly more expensive but well worth the money O0

unless you get a hutch hugger and you pad the inside or outside with something for extra warmth O0

Jennifer1990 said:
I'm not sure where else to buy them apart from P@H which is really expensive, i have the hutch snuggle which are padded and keep drafts and heat in the hutch which i think are better but they are slightly more expensive but well worth the money O0

unless you get a hutch hugger and you pad the inside or outside with something for extra warmth O0

I expect you mean they keep the drafts OUT of the hutch! Ha ha ha ha! ;D

2funny 2funny ha ha ha yeah thats what i meant lol i was in college when i wrote this and in class aswel which is bad but i cant help myself not coming on here :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back