Hutch / Guinea Pig Help

LeighBPriestley

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hey!

I've got 3 sows, had them around a month now in one of the Pets at Home Bluebell Cage (two tiered). One of the piggies mainly stays up on the top, whilst the other two stay on the bottom.
I have taken away the ladders/steps to go up to the top and kept them all on the bottom for awhile, no fighting etc ... so when I put them back in, the one Sow has acquired the top bunk again.

any reason for this or if I should put them all back together again? They don't fight when together etc so not overly worried ..

As long as there is no fighting or bullying it’s probably ok. Do they ever go up or down to be with each other? Maybe she just likes her own space. Can they all do the ramp?

They've all gone down the ramp, I think the two on the bottom can't/won't go up. I've put extra steps in, but reading around, I make extend the ramp to its not as steep and maybe add some carpet tiles to it for grip.

As long as there is no fighting or bullying it’s probably ok. Do they ever go up or down to be with each other? Maybe she just likes her own space. Can they all do the ramp?

They will definitely need grip. The ramp isn’t great on the bluebell. When I had the bluebell, I covered the ramp with a piece of vetbed so it could be removed and put in the washing machine.

I’d try and “encourage” them to go up a few times. Maybe put them half way up and gently push/help them. It would be sad if they were separate just because of the ramp and not through falling out.

Back