Hutch covers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi, i've seen hutch covers, and there so pricy! I can't believe it, it would cost me around 300 pounds to cover them all, why are they so pricey? i just use carpet, it does the job!

I know they are very expensive! I was wondering this too! Luckily, my guinea pig's hutch is in the shed so they don't need one. :) They're probably so expensive because they can't just be made any size, they have to be made to fit a certain sized hutch. It's best to buy a hutch where you can get a free cover. ;)

I got a cover for free with a new cage from jollies in halifax.( i think its in halifax) they cost £20 each or something like that...
how many cages do you have?

You can also staple bubble wrap to the sides and top to help keep your piggies warm, just remember to remove in the spring when it warm up or they may over heat!

The hutch covers that you buy always look to me more like they are designed to keep rain out, rather than provide warmth for the guineas. I know they are supposed to be thermal, but they just look so thin, and don't meet properly at the corners so look very draughty too. xx

The hutch covers that you buy always look to me more like they are designed to keep rain out, rather than provide warmth for the guineas. I know they are supposed to be thermal, but they just look so thin, and don't meet properly at the corners so look very draughty too. xx

Thats what i thouhgt but apparently it works, so i didn't post.

I believe there are thermal covers and rain-proof ones - so you would need to buy both! I bought a roll of insulating silver bubble-wrap for 25 pounds from Focus (it'd be cheaper in the Winter because they put if on special offer), and was enough to cover the back, top and sides of guinea-pigs' 5ft hutch and most of the top and sides of the rabbits' 6'x4' shed. I then just bought tarpaulins to cover the hutch and shed to keep the rain out.

However, in December I moved the rabbits and guinea-pigs into the 10'x6' shed, so whilst the guinea-pigs still have their hutch covered with the bubble-wrap, I couldn't find a way to insulate the rabbits' section. I'm sure I'll figure something out for next year, but they seem fine without it (bunnies grow thick, Winter coats).

Mine live in an omlet rabbit eglu and run. We put this old big green cover and rug over it to keep them warm and so they can still go outside. Anysort of pastic sheet will do the job. To make it extra warm you could put a rug underneath it.

Hope that helps.

Mine live in an omlet rabbit eglu and run. We put this old big green cover and rug over it to keep them warm and so they can still go outside. Anysort of pastic sheet will do the job. To make it extra warm you could put a rug underneath it.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, i'm not realy looking for help but i wondered what other's use!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back