• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Huge Lump on bum!

• Thread starter Thread starter Samm
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Samm

Poor Muppet, she's got a big lump on her bum! or bum cheek xx0

I took her to the vets last night and she's had a sample of cells taken from it to be analysed to see what it is, it was clear fluid that came from the lump but they had to suction hard to get anything out. It's very close to her botty so they may not be able to operate and the vet was looking at me as though it was definitely a tumour, poor Muppet, she's only 1 and a half..... :'(

She's not in any pain, she was just munching away while you have a squeeze on it! so hopefully it's not invasive.

try not to worry my daughters pig biscuit has had an abcess removed from his chin and then a lump removed from his butt and he has out lived all of his 4 other siblings, his butt lump turned out to be a mass of blood vessels which they managed to seal off and remove, we should really call him lumpy ;D hope your news is good

Oh dear Muppet we hope your results come thru and it's something that can be treated easily :-*
That's great that she's munching away on her food, good little girl :-* :-*

The vet didn't mention a cyst, but I've heard they're common in that area, so maybe as the fluid was clear, it could've been one of those. Why does it always happen to the piggies you're really close to?

Aww hope things go ok. Tiny has a lump on her tummy and the liquid the vet drew from it was clear, a fatty lump. Have left it :)

Thanks! I'm hoping it's something that's slow growing and she won't notice it, she doesn't now so hopefully! :-\

Hi, My clover is the same! She's had a very soft lump on her bum for quite some months now and it hasn't changed in size. It doesn't seem to bother her. She still folds in half to groom her bum! (and goes to the toilet enough on me!)

I hope everything works out ok!

Wonder if it's something to do with the grease gland maybe? My Saffy has a big lump on her back near her rear end, I was convinced it was a nasty on her spine but vet took a sample and it's a harmless cyst. Doesn't feel nice but doesn't bother her. Fingers crossed it's just something like that.

Well it's good news ;D Muppet has a fatty lump on her bum! so hopefully it won't get any bigger or she'll be bouncing around on it like a space hopper! It's in a pretty inoperable place so no more vets visits for her for the time being. :smitten:

Yes it's great! ;D I did worry when the vet gave me that look :( as it's always the very special ones that are taken before their time, I've never quite got over my Ralph 0:) and his bladder stones :'(

hehe that's great! Clover is still 'space hoppering' around on hers ... it's just fatty too and hasn't ever changed in size.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back