How To Stop Smells?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cookie16

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've never had a boy until Alfie! I've discovered boys smell!

I now use vetbed with newspaper under, I change the newspaper every 2 or 3 days and wash the vetbed every 5 or 6 days. They are out in the run for a large part of the day, so it will be worse in winter!

Is there anything odour absorbing I can use instead of newspaper? Or do I just need to change it more!

I was just looking at those, I'm wondering if they work out expensive? I hadn't realised the absorb they smell, I presume washable incontinence pads don't?

I used puppy pads when Max was ill and am not convinced they are that good at keeping odours down so will look forward to hearing what other forum members think.

If you decide to get puppy pads - B&M are very competative price wise and some branches sell them in packs of 100 too !

Another trick I have heard other forum members using is to use some white vinegar when laundering - you put it in the fabric conditioner compartment of the washing machine.

Max was one of my 1st guinea pigs so I'm used to his smell. He doesn't smell at all bad to me !

I use vet bed with towels and wash it all every three days. I have a neutered boar so I do not know if that makes a difference reguarding smells.

Alfie is neutered too!

I've only noticed the girls smell when it's time for a clean out!

I think I'll try some puppy pads, if not I'll wash the lot more often!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back