How To Safely Attach Run To Hutch?

TheLottiediarys

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering what's the best way to safely attach a run to a hutch that isnt an all in one hutch/run, so its safe to let then wander in and out through the day?

are the hutch and runs both got wooden frames ?

Yes I'm hoping so, I'm looking to buy an outdoor hutch for he warmer weather for my rabbit Floppsy but she's disabled so needs ground floored hutch and run, it looks like it'll be a case of buying both seperate and attaching them together to account for her needs, so I imagine both would be wooden, I'm kind of gathering ideals for how to sort it out :)

Have you looked at the company 'run around'. They might be of interest, they make run/hutch connectors.

I haven't but I will, I imagine it's a case of googling 'run around hutch connectors'?

I use these yo peg 2 wooden framed items together View attachment 84977 View attachment 84978 View attachment 84979

Cool this looks like what I imagine we would need to use, I was imagining some sort of metal latch or bolt lock,
Was it a DIY job? The hooks look easy enough to attach to a hutch and run separately,
How does the run and hutch come together? I'm not sure if I'm Imagining it right :)

Back