How to remove hard grease spots off fleece?

• Thread starter Thread starter boysmum
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

boysmum

Hi,

My boys' grease spots need regular cleaning. When I washed their fleece, I noticed that one piece had a lump of whitish grease stuck to the fleecy fibres. It is like hard candle wax. It is stuck fast and washing did not remove it.

How can I remove this off the fleece? Would a dab of swarfega on the affected bit "melt" it off so the fleece regains its softness? Or shoud l I just cut it off and leave a bald bit on the fleece?

Is it def grease? it sounds like something else to me! :-X sperm sack possibly?!

Maybe! I've seen these sperm worm thingies before, poking out of the boys' bits, but this residue on the fleece is very hard and has matted the fleece. It's about the size of my fingernail.

boysmum said:
Maybe! I've seen these sperm worm thingies before, poking out of the boys' bits, but this residue on the fleece is very hard and has matted the fleece. It's about the size of my fingernail.
i found one once ,it looked like a white wotsit :o

I know an old-fashioned way of getting candle wax off fabric (I got it out of an Agatha Christie book!) which might be worth trying.
Lay the fabric on your ironing board - grease upwards - and place an old tea towel (or cotton rag) on top. Then go over it gently with a hot iron. The wax will transfer itself to the tea towel.

Worth trying anyway.

I will have a go with the iron and tea towel method tonight.

I know which boy it is too! He has often messed up his heatpad cover too. It is easy to clean, but the fleece bits are long and therefore clump together.

Those sperm worms are alarming aren't they?! My partner almost ran away in horror when I showed him what was poking out of Captain! He couldn't believe it. I just gently pulled it out.

Boys will be boys....

boysmum said:
I will have a go with the iron and tea towel method tonight.

I know which boy it is too! He has often messed up his heatpad cover too. It is easy to clean, but the fleece bits are long and therefore clump together.

Those sperm worms are alarming aren't they?! My partner almost ran away in horror when I showed him what was poking out of Captain! He couldn't believe it. I just gently pulled it out.

Boys will be boys....

alarming isnt the word,creepy more like..lol :o

Hi i've never had this problem, even tho we've had two beautiful boys..
but i've heard that you can put an item of clothing or whatever in the freezer for a few minutes and the offending wax will peel off.
Hope this helps if not i'm sorry :embarassed: :embarassed:
Other than that i'd soak in what we call here in Australia 'Napisan' it's a nappy soak lotion, but and i'll stress BUT i would always super duper rinse throughly cause i know our boys hated any weird smells from washing :o
Good luck :)

OMG what is a sperm worm, help imagination is running wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back