How to pick fave hay

Ninarodders

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I just received the sample of hay from hay box and they love it! Does anyone have a fun tricks to determine what they like the most for me to then buy? I was thinking something like stuff toilet rolls and Mark which is which and give them all 4 see what gets eaten? I dont think they are keen on the meadow hay. But they were going mad for the strands of timothy I was giving them.

Glad they seem to like it. I’ve put my samples in piles and seen which they eat most of. The first time I got meadow hay from HayBox it was great and the pigs loved it. This time it’s more like thin straw. Not really happy with it but have got a big box to use up 🤦🏻‍♀️ . But then next time it might be good again. As it’s a natural product you can’t be sure what you will get.

So far they love the timothy whether its the soft or course so I'm undecided which to buy! I guess blended but I quite like the idea of them being separate lol, I know I'm weird. Think ill continue to buy the meadow hay from p@h to use in their hay bed/corner though

Back