How to keep the cage-bound youngsters entertained?

Minnou

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
As my two new bubs are generally too skittish to be handled, they're probably also not ready for floor time - which is a pity as one of them is a speed demon who likes to play dodgems with her 'sister' against her will and could do with an entire room to run wild in. 😅

I'm looking for ways to enrich their lives.

I've been Blue Petering away and making things out of boxes for them. The latest is a long tunnel which has a mix of different sized holes in it; large holes have hay pushed through and tiny holes hold solitary leaves like parsley or spinach, or dandelion leaves and flowers. So it's like a snack bar and hideout in one.

I know they like paper bags as well but is there anything else they might enjoy? What have you given your piggies to play with?

The is guide will help you - Enrichment Ideas for Guinea Pigs

The best enrichment is lots of hay to allow them to forage (what they naturally spend a lot of time doing) and most importantly having each other!
Oh I don't know about the 'having each other' part; Gaia spends most of her time either ignoring Minerva, or, headbutting her out of her space so hard I'm surprised they both don't have brain damage. :xd:

Oh I don't know about the 'having each other' part; Gaia spends most of her time either ignoring Minerva, or, headbutting her out of her space so hard I'm surprised they both don't have brain damage. :xd:

There is much more to guinea pig communication than physically being in each others space ie pheromones

Back