how to i get treats to stick toghether

moonlightpig84

New Born Pup
Reaction score
hello :)
I'm buying bags of nibbles to mould into into home made treats as you all know when you buy treats they use honey but i dont want to use honey wondered if you lovely lot know a way i can get the food to stick together i thought maybe banna would hold it , I'm gonna make the treats into lil balls and put it in fridge to set any help will be good as i say i dont really wanna use honey like they do in pet shop treats

What kinds of nibbles are you planning to use? Why not just feed them a small handful of the nibbles? They would have to be very occasional treats if there was banana in them.

Hay and grass has the abrasive silica necessary to wear the teeth. Other such homemade treats won’t wear their teeth.
Make sure you don’t give carrot often - it should only be given as a small and very occasional treat, no more than once a week. Sugary and root veg items aren’t particularly good for them

The only treats my piggies get are forage and different types of hay. Hay is the main component of their diet and will help keep their teeth in shape.

Back