How To Get Rid Of A Matt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MushiiPeas

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have one peruvian guinea pig and have NEVER EVER had a problem with her before this week she's such a clean piggie and the brush normally goes straight through. Since she has been on megazorb it's been getting stuck in her fur under the back legs, I've been brushing it out like normal but she's got a small matt starting, I know you can't brush them out but what's the best way too cut them out with a fidgety piggie? :mal:

She's gets brushed daily but absoultley hates it, she kicks and squeals and generally won't sit still even with tasty veggie treats.

Should i get someone to hold her still against their chest and see if i can trim it off (like when i do their nails) or what do you suggest i don't wont to hurt or cut her by mistake? :no:

Cut it out. Thats what i do with my long haired girl (and past long haired piggies. I also keep the hair short round the bum area as that matts easily and can make a piggie poorly if they sit in wee etc. :-) hope that helped. :-)

also a good idea to have someone else hold them if they are squirmy piggies... :-)

Thanks I'll give it a try tomo my rooms light is rubbish in the evening and don't won't to nick her skin by mistake.

I'll get my mum to hold her and hopefully she'll be a good girl! ( i expect not) :))

Haha i know what you mean. Honor my long haired girl wriggles and wheaks quite loud the neighbours must wonder whats going on haha :-P what are thy like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back