How To Get Piggy To Be More Active In Cage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rochester Piggy

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi,
So my piggy Cali lives alone as she doesn't get along with other piggies. I have noticed she is mainly active in the morning and evening. How can I get her to be more active during the day? She still gets up, and eats, and runs around a little bit (especially when she thinks she will fall over and die because I am 3 seconds late with veggies!) Her cage is a 2x4 C&C with a 1x2 loft. I usually give her floor time 1-2 times a week. Is there anything else I can do to get her more active? She is 2.5 years old, very healthy, and weighs 1130 grams.

Sounds like normal activity times for guinea pigs. I guess you could hide food round the cage in toilet roll inners, egg boxes, etc

She may like some herbs hung up so that she has to reach for them. My two spend a lot of time resting and relaxing. If I put something new into the cage they will spring into action and investigate in thoroughly then go back to resting!

Sounds like normal activity times for guinea pigs. I guess you could hide food round the cage in toilet roll inners, egg boxes, etc

She may like some herbs hung up so that she has to reach for them. My two spend a lot of time resting and relaxing. If I put something new into the cage they will spring into action and investigate in thoroughly then go back to resting!
I think ill try the hiding food and the herbs. I know she'll be active when I go to give her pellets! She actually wheeks for them and it's really cute!

You really should increase the floor time. Still that is irreverent my piggies always sleep in the afternoon although they don't when out on the grass.
For mine it's there little fiesta. Lol

Oo good point about time out of their cage. My two love floor time and get active and explorish for a good ten mins when i first out them in thir pen. I always change stuff round to make it more interesting for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back