Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lettuce

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leos

_
Reaction score
You can earn your guinea pigs trust by giving him food in your hand play with your guinea 3 hours a day passing your hand over his/her head a lot. And every single morning put your guinea pig in a basket in top of your eating table and give them food there so that every single morning for a month and like that you can earn his/her trust . When I got my guinea he diseño like me but when a started doing that in a few week he/her loves me.

For me when I got my guinea pig I did not put him out of his cage until I week or so because my guinea pig was scared so I waited until he was comfortable and then I started play and training him that how i spend I the first week with by guinea pig

For me when I got my guinea pig I did not put him out of his cage until I week or so because my guinea pig was scared so I waited until he was comfortable and then I started play and training him that how i spend I the first week with by guinea pig

I have merged your two threads as they are both about settling guinea pigs. Please do not create multiple threads on the same topic

You can earn your guinea pigs trust by giving him food in your hand play with your guinea 3 hours a day passing your hand over his/her head a lot. And every single morning put your guinea pig in a basket in top of your eating table and give them food there so that every single morning for a month and like that you can earn his/her trust . When I got my guinea he diseño like me but when a started doing that in a few week he/her loves me.

Personally this is not something I would recommend for two reasons.
Firstly guinea pigs and prey animals and having a large creature (a human) passing their hand over their head repeatedly for hours at a time will be at the very least scary, and the worst deeply traumatic. It won't make them trust you - it is more likley to make them simply freeze in terror until the threat goes away.

Secondly if you guinea pig as an appropriate size cage and another piggy companion, separating them for extended periods of time could place their relationship in jeopardy. If nothing else it is more natural for them to spend time in an appropriately enriched cage with a companion, than sitting in a basket on a table having a hand waved over their head.

It is loely that you want to interact with your guinea pig and that you have so much time to spend with him/her, but maybe read the link from @Lady Kelly above and try to come up with some different techniques that might be more suited to building trust whilst allowing your guinea pig to be a guinea pig and exhibit natural behaviours.

Back