How Old Is My Piggy

Status
Not open for further replies.

asia

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm sorry I have had so many questions but I really want to be the best piggy mommy I can be.. Is there a way to tell how old my piggy is. I rescued her from a not so happy home and they had no idea how old she was. I just want to be prepared if she is older and will be needing special care

I'm sorry I have had so many questions but I really want to be the best piggy mommy I can be.. Is there a way to tell how old my piggy is. I rescued her from a not so happy home and they had no idea how old she was. I just want to be prepared if she is older and will be needing special care

It is very difficult to age an adult guinea pig. Old guinea pigs tend to be a bit bondier especially over the hips and the back and their nails can start to twist, but not always.

Keep her on a good diet and give her a happy life. Enjoy them while they are in your life, so you are sad, but not feeling bad when they leave you again. ;)

You all have been so helpful! One more question..lol...when she chews on paper is she eating it or just chewing it up...i take it away from her because I don't want her to get hurt but she seems to enjoy chewing cardboard and paper

You all have been so helpful! One more question..lol...when she chews on paper is she eating it or just chewing it up...i take it away from her because I don't want her to get hurt but she seems to enjoy chewing cardboard and paper

Brown cardboard, toilet and kitchen roll inners and brown paper (cut through any handles) are all fine; it is just fibre. You can turn some into toys - here are lots of ideas!
Guinea Pig Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back