• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

How Old for Mites Jab?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say he is but not sure if hes small though i wouldnt see why a spot on treatment wouldnt work O0

I had Spot On for Tiger - by the time I had finished reading all the warnings about how toxic it wa I wa almost too scared to use it!
I will see how he gets on, he is itching a bit, not sure if it is just a nervous thing or not yet.
Thanks!

I wouldnt treat him for mites on a "maybe he has them" basis. Have a look at his skin carefully and gently tug the hair to see if it comes out or not. Look for scurf as well. He could have fungal, mites or lice so I think its best to ascertain which one first. I use xeno 450 spot on, I wouldnt let mine have an injection :)
You could always email Chrissie at GG for advice ;)

I brought that spot on stuff and then binned it, I also brought johnsons insecticidal shampoo and binned that too, I am too scared to use that stuff. I now only buy from GG, it is worth paying what ever it cost from GG and then you can sleep at night not worring about the chemicals are in off the shelf products.
Even Kyle says to me buy from GG and do not worry about the cost, see he loves the piggies too.

If it is mites, ivermectin wether topical, oral or injection must be administered. I prefer topical from the vets only, not shop bought as it is important to administer the correct dose. GG`s melts and shampoos come into their own when soothing the skin, for fungal or lice but her stuff cant cure mites :) I agree her stuff is amazing though ;)

lice are more dirtier i think :P Mine have never had lice :) Only mites due to stress O0
By the spot on i mean from the vets as theres is a lot stronger than any pet shop products :D

Thanks all, he has no scurf, bald patches or anything so we will not be taking him to the vets just yet.. was just wondering about his age in case I do need to tke him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back