How Often To Swap Out Piddle Pads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mhairi

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Unfortunately there isn't enough space in the cage for a hay tray. I have a fleece liner on the bottom of the cage (with newspaper and puppies pads underneath) and have fleece piddle pads in high traffic areas that I pile high with soft meadow hay. I spot clean and replace the hay twice a day. Our 2 piggies tend to do most of their business on the piddle pads. So I just wondered how often people swap out the piddle pads? Is it enough to brush them down and put them back in, and replace every 2-3 days, or should they be replaced every day?

I replace them when they feel wet or start to smell.
In high traffic areas this can be daily, but others tend to last 2- 3 days.

I change pee pads every second day as that is usually when they start to feel damp but even if they don't feel damp I will usually change them anyway because I feel bad lol unless they start to feel damp earlier then they will get changed earlier.

I change the mat under the hay daily as well as replacing all the hay, and change the mat under the houses every second day. I get 3 days out of the mat under the hides in my youngsters cage as they use the hay for all their needs.. ins and outs!

I have a loundland groundsheet and newspapers in their hay area. Changed daily cos the wee doesnt wick away on newspaper.

Like others I change the mini pads when they seem damp or smelly.

Unfortunately there isn't enough space in the cage for a hay tray. I have a fleece liner on the bottom of the cage (with newspaper and puppies pads underneath) and have fleece piddle pads in high traffic areas that I pile high with soft meadow hay. I spot clean and replace the hay twice a day. Our 2 piggies tend to do most of their business on the piddle pads. So I just wondered how often people swap out the piddle pads? Is it enough to brush them down and put them back in, and replace every 2-3 days, or should they be replaced every day?

I do it daily, but am thinking now that I don't need to? They mostly use one corner, maybe just charge that one daily. Hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back