How often do you clean out your piggies?

How often do you clean your piggies cage?

• Twice a day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Once a day

• Every 2 days

• Twice a week

• Once a week

• Once every 18ish days

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jane

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just curious how often people clean out ;)

If you reply please say what bedding you use too :P If it just depends how often you do it just vote how often it would usually be done?

Jane :smitten:

Every 3 to 4 days I clean the whole cage out.

Dont really do spotcleaning, if thats what you mean by once a day?

I use woodshavings and hay on newspaper, and keep three piggies.

I clean my pair and trio out every other day. They are both on newspaper and hay.

I clean out once a week but spot clean every day. 2 boars and 2 sows in 2 5x2's and another boar in a 4ft x 2. It depends on how messy they are, sometimes the girls are really messy so I clean them out twice a week but as they are getting older they seem to be cleaner. :)

I use Newspaper and Hay because of the cost involved it has been once a week but I've just got some Megazorb so will be changing over to that at the weekend along with Hay in sleeping areas and newspaper.

Louise
x

I clean mine out twice a wheek, I use thick layer of newspaper, aubiose and hay :)

Abnoba said:
Dont really do spotcleaning, if thats what you mean by once a day?

Just to clarify I meant full clean outs not spot cleaning ;) I know that some people probably do clean out the whole of the cage daily so that's why I added it :P

Mine get cleaned out about twice a week ;)

i clean the toilet patches every 2 days, and do a big cage clean out once a week.

i use megazorb, with a little hay for them to play/curl up in

I put other as i'm awkward the summerhouse hutches (piggies) get done every 2/3/4 days depending on how bad they are, there is no set routine the bunnies litter trays get cleaned out every day and the whole lot once a week. The summer shack gets cleaned out as and when too sometimes its once a week other times its every 5 days depending on the amount of poop :D

I use russell rabbit bedding hay and shredded paper for all

I used to clean them out every 3 days when in the indoor cage now they are in their hutch indoors doing them every 5 days roughly still in the experiemently stage, hoover the carpet daily.

I use newspaper then hay

I hoover the poos off the top of the vetbed and remove the clumps of wet litter and check the nest for wet bits every day. Then once a week i change the whole lot and disinfect everywhere.

Amy.x.

i clean out every fourth day, (so roughly twice a week) I use newspaper, megazorb and hay.
I also spot clean daily

i clean out every weds and sunday. i use a layer of newspaper - kitchen roll in the four corners - and a layer of hay. Asbo has learnt now to poop in one corner only. Out of interest does anyone know when the GPOTM for Sept will start as i have a story and a half to tell

I clean them out once a day only because they are in the house i use newspaper and lots of hay thats all but i do find if they are left 2 days they have started to smell :o :o Emma xx

Mine just poo and wee all over so there's no point spot cleaning! I clean mine when they need it, usually twice a week, I find that Jeremy needs cleaning out sooner than the others, he drinks like a fish and widdles loads.
I use newspaper and hay.

Once every 18ish days they get on fine with that :-\

;D

Nah I do it every three days ::) Honest I do! ;D

Every other day for me, and a big clean (disinfectant and all) on Sunday evenings.

I do full clean outs every wednesday and sundays then i take any wet patches out every morning.

We spot clean every day and give a total clean once a week. As they are indoor piggies they definatley need the spot clean every day O0 We use woodshavings and Ollie likes a nice big pile of hay to lie on

gp-d said:
Once every 18ish days they get on fine with that :-\

I wish! ;D ;D ;D

I use newspaper and hay and clean my trio of boys out Wednesday and Sunday and the gang of seven every two/three days. When the weather is nice and the piggies are out on the lawn I can sometimes stretch to another days between cleans.

I clean mine out once a week, but if it is hot weather they get cleaned out every other day, as we get these horrid little black flys that go every where on the poo,

I usually clean my little piggies out fully every 2-3days with me having four in the one hutch outdoors ;)

i have 2 boys 2 girls and they can all just be as messy as eachother so most of the time i clean them right out when they need it

i use scented sawdust if i can get it from the shop if not just jormal sawdust and lots of hay

I used to do a whole clean every day until I realised just last week that not very many people done this so I've started to do a spot clean every day and a whole clean every other day - piggies seem quite happy with this! O0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back